Data Controller, Data Processor and Personal Data are defined in the applicable Data Protection Laws.
Data Protection Laws means any laws and regulations in the UK relating to privacy or the use or processing of data relating to natural persons, including: (a) EU Directives 95/46/EC and 2002/58/EC (as amended by 2009/136/EC) and any legislation implementing or made pursuant to such directives, including (in the UK) the Data Protection Act 1998 (the DPA) and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003; and (b) from 25 May 2018, EU Regulation 2016/679 (GDPR); and (c) any laws or regulations ratifying, implementing, adopting, supplementing or replacing GDPR or DPA and in each case as amended or replaced from time to time.
Services refers to the applications, services, and websites (marketing and product) provided by PlanXL. PlanXL may, from time to time, introduce new products and services.
PlanXL, we, our, ours or us refers to Plan XL Limited and its subsidiaries and affiliates (together, the PlanXL Group), which provide the Services to you.
- Information We Collect and Receive
- How We Use the Information We Collect and Receive
- Analytics, Cookies and Other Web Site Technologies
- Information Sharing
- Accessing Your Data
- Changes to this Statement/Contact Us
- Contacting PlanXL
We collect several different types of information to market and to provide our Services, including:
Marketing Contact Data: This includes information you provide or we obtain through recognised industry lists, in order to inform you of our services or offerings and may include name, address, email or telephone numbers.
Customer Account and Registration Data: This includes information you provide to create any account with us that may be required for receipt and use of the Services or to register for events, webinars, surveys, etc. and may include, first and last name, a password and a valid email address. In addition, when registering for an account to use the SaaS platform, we ask that you provide a telephone number capable of receiving text messages, usually a mobile.
Service Data (including Session data, Usage data and Support Data): When you use our Services, we receive information generated through the use of the Service, either entered by you or others who use the Services with you, or from the Service infrastructure itself, (for example, duration of session, connection information, etc.) We may also collect usage and log data about how the Services are accessed and used, including information about the device you are using the Services on, IP addresses, location information, language settings, what operating system you are using, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data to help us support the Services. While providing our support services, we collect data that directly concerns the resolution of specific support cases.
Third Party Data: We may receive information about you from other sources, including publicly available databases or third parties from whom we have purchased data, and combine this data with information we already have about you. We may also receive information from other affiliated companies that are a part of the PlanXL Group. This helps us to update, expand and analyse our records, identify new prospects for marketing, and provide products and services that may be of interest to you. We will not obtain any information about you from a third party if we do not believe that the third party is acting lawfully.
PlanXL may access and use the data we collect as necessary: (a) to provide and maintain the Services; (b) to address and respond to Service, security, and customer support issues; (c) to detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security, unlawful, or technical issues; (d) as required by law; (e) to fulfil our contracts; (f) to improve and enhance the Services; (g) to provide analysis or valuable information back to our customers and users; and (h) to provide marketing material suitable to your expressed interests.
Some specific examples of how we use the information:
- Facilitate and improve the usage of the Services you have ordered
- Assess the needs of your business to determine suitable products
- Send you product updates, marketing communications, and service information
- Respond to customer inquiries and support requests
- Conduct research and analysis
- Display content based upon your interests
- Analyse data, including through automated systems and machine learning to improve our Services and/or your experience
- Market services of our third-party business partners
PlanXL will retain your information as long as your account with us is active, to comply with our legal obligations, to resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
PlanXL is continuously improving our websites and products by using various third-party web analytics tools, which help us understand how visitors use our websites, desktop tools, and mobile applications, what they like and dislike, and where they may have problems. We maintain ownership of this data and do not share this type of data about individual users with third parties.
Geolocation and Other Data:
We may utilize precise Geolocation data but only if you specifically opt-in to collection of that data in connection with a particular service. We also use information such as IP addresses to determine the general geographic locations areas of our visitors.
Google Analytics and Adobe Marketing Cloud:
We use Google Analytics as described in “How Google uses data when you use our partners’ sites or apps.” You can prevent your data from being used by Google Analytics on websites by installing the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on here. We also employ IP address masking, a technique used to truncate IP addresses collected by Google Analytics and store them in an abbreviated form to prevent them from being traced back to individual users.
Examples of Cookies We Use:
|Session Cookies||We use these cookies to operate our websites.||Some cookies are essential for the operation of PlanXL websites. If a user chooses to disable these cookies, the
user will not be able to access all of the content and features.
|Security Cookies||These cookies are used for general security purposes and user authentication.||We use security cookies to authenticate users, prevent fraudulent use of login credentials, and protect user data from access by unauthorized parties.|
Examples of how we may share information with third-party service providers include:
- Fulfilling orders and providing the Services
- Payment processing and fraud prevention
- Providing customer support
- Sending marketing communications
- Conducting research and analysis
- Providing cloud computing infrastructure
Examples of how we may disclose data for legal reasons include:
- As part of a merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company where customer information will be one of the transferred assets.
- As required by law, for example:
- to protect our rights;
- to protect your safety (or the safety of others);
- to investigate fraud; or
- to respond to a government request.
- We may also disclose your personal information to any third party with your prior written consent.
PlanXL may need to communicate with you for a variety of different reasons, including:
- Responding to your questions and requests. If you contact us with a problem or question, we will use your information to respond.
- Sending you Service and administrative emails and messages. We may contact you to inform you about changes in our Services, our Service offerings, and important Service related notices, such as billing, security and fraud notices. These emails and messages are considered a necessary part of the Services, essential to enable PlanXL to fulfil its contractual and regulatory obligations.
- Sending emails about new products or other news about PlanXL that we think you’d like to hear about either from us or from our business partners. You can always opt out of these types of messages at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of each communication.
- Conducting surveys. We may use the information gathered in the surveys to enhance and personalize our products, services, and websites.
- Offering referral programs and incentives, which allow you to utilize email, text, or URL links that you can share with friends or colleagues.
Where PlanXL is acting as a data controller, PlanXL will also, when you request, provide you with information about whether we hold, or process on behalf of a third party, any of your personal information. If PlanXL is not a data controller for your personal data, you should request this information from the relevant data controller. Due to the nature of the Services, we may also process information relating to individuals with whom we do not have a direct relationship. If you are an end-user of one of our customers or in any other way connected to our customer’s use of the Services, please contact the relevant customer (as the data controller) directly if: (i) you would no longer wish your personal data to be collected by them; or (ii) to access, correct, amend, or delete inaccurate personal data. If requested to remove data by our customer, we will respond within a reasonable timeframe.
We may transfer personal information to companies that help us provide our Service, and when we do, these transfers to subsequent third parties are, wherever possible, covered by appropriate transfer agreements. We will retain personal data we process on behalf of our customers as needed to provide Services to our customer and to the extent required for our internal general administration. Also, we will retain this personal information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
PlanXL follows generally accepted standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once it is received, however, no security measure is perfect. To the extent that a password is required in relation to the Services, you must safeguard your password, as it is one of the easiest ways you can manage the security of your own account – remember that if you lose control over your password, you may lose control over your personal information.
Please contact PlanXL at Data Controller if:
- we hold personal information about you and you want it to be removed from our database or opt out from receiving communications from us; or
- if we hold personal information about you and you want to opt out from receiving communications from us; or
- if you need assistance in reviewing your information.
PlanXL will respond to your request within a reasonable time.